Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the infallible, verbal, and plenary inspiration of the Holy Bible as preserved in the Authorized King James Version and that the Bible is the all sufficient rule of faith and practice (Psalm 12:6,7; Psalm 119:160; 2 Timothy 3:16,17).
2. We believe in the personal triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in divine perfection (1 John 5:7,8).
3. We believe in the Genesis account of Creation (Genesis 1 & 2).
4. We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of God and man, the unholy god of this world, and that his destiny is the eternal lake of fire (Isa. 14:12-15; Ezek. 28:11-19; Matt. 25:41; 2 Cor. 4:4; Eph. 6:10-17; Rev. 20:10).
5. We believe in the virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:18-20; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22).
6. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:30; John 1:1, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19).
7. We believe the Holy Spirit is the divine Administrator for Jesus Christ in His churches (Luke 24:49; John 14:16, 17; Acts 1:4, 5, 8; Acts 2:1-4).
8. We believe that Man was created in the image of God and lived in innocence until he fell by voluntary transgression from his sinless state, the result being that all mankind are sinners (Gen. 1:26; Gen. 3:6-24; Rom. 5:12, 19).
9. We believe that the suffering and death of Jesus Christ was substitutionary for all mankind and is efficacious only to those who believe (Isa. 53:6; Heb. 2:9; 1 Peter 2:24; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 2:2).
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ and the bodily resurrection of His saints (Matt. 28:1-7; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Cor. 15:42-58; 1 Thess. 4:13-18).
11. We believe in the pre-millennial, personal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ as the crowing event of the Gentile age. This event will include the resurrection of the righteous to eternal heaven, and the Millennium will be followed by the resurrection of unrighteous unto eternal punishment in the lake of fire and that the righteous shall enter into the New Jerusalem (John 14:1-6; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 2 Thess. 2:8; Rev. 19; Rev. 20:4-6; Rev. 20:11-15; Rev. 21:8).
12. We believe that the depraved sinner is saved wholly by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the requisites to regeneration are repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 13:3-5; John 3:16-18; Acts 20:21; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8,9) and that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, seals, secures and indwells every believer (John 3:6; John 16:8,9; Rom. 8:9-11; 1 Cor. 6:19,20; Eph. 4:30; Titus 3:5).
13. We believe that all who trust the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation are eternally secure in Him and shall not perish (John 3:36; John 5:24; John 10:27-30; Rom. 8:35-39; Heb. 10:39; 1 Peter 1:5).
14. We believe that God deals with believers as His children, that He chastises the disobedient, and that He rewards the obedient (Matt. 16:27; Matt. 25:14-23; John 1:12; Heb.12:5-11; 2 John 8; Rev. 22:12).
15. We believe that the local church is a visible assembly of scripturally baptized believers in covenant relationship to carry out the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ, and each church is an independent, self-governing body, and no other ecclesiastical body may exercise authority over it (Matt. 4:18-22; Matt. 16:18; Mark 1:14-20; John 1:35-51; Eph. 3:21).
16. We believe that there are two pictorial ordinances in the Lord’s churches: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Scriptural baptism is the immersion of believers in water, administered by the authority of a New Testament church. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial ordinance, picturing His death until He comes again (Matt. 28:19, 20: Acts 8:12, 38; Rom. 6:4; 1 Cor. 5:11-13; 1 Cor. 11:1, 2, 17-20, 26).
17. We believe that there are two divinely appointed offices in a church, pastors and deacons, to be filled by men whose qualifications are set forth in Titus and 1 Timothy.
18. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ alone is the head of the church and that all Christian churches should be free to worship without interference from the government (Eph. 1:22).
19. We believe that the only Biblically sanctioned marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. Sexual intimacy is to be expressed only within the bonds of a Biblically defined marriage. Any other form of marriage or sexual intimacy is immoral and a perversion of God's gracious will and therefore unacceptable. (Gen. 2:18, 24, 25; Rom. 7:2; Matt. 7:2, 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-33; Heb. 13:4)